Our Wearable Waste Fashion Show

On Thursday it was our special day. Everyone from Room 6 and 7 were exuberant about showcasing our fashion creations to the rest of the students and teachers of our school. We were going to have a Wearable Waste Fashion Show.

During the week we used recycled materials to create our wearable art. By doing this, we hope that less rubbish will go into our seas and harm the marine life. For myself, I decided to use  a black garbage bag and old magazines. I pulled the pages of the magazine and made them into flowers. I made a pile of flowers. Mrs Yumul  taught me how to make flowers. It was fun! That was on Tuesday.

On Wednesday, I made another pile of flowers to put on my hat that Mrs Foden found in the resource room. Mrs Yumul stuck my flowers on my hat with a glue gun and put some on my bag. The hardest part was when I made some flowers, the easiest part was when I put the garbage bag on. That was the end of Wednesday.

It is finally the day, Room 6 and 7 are going to be nervous. I was a little nervous too. Mrs Yumul just had to put the flowers on my dress. After lunch we got dressed in our costumes and went to Room 7 to practice our walks.  When every class came in I wasn’t that excited. When it was my turn I was happy because everything was fine. At first I was thinking that I might trip.That was the end of the fashion show. Now I have nothing to worry about. I was very proud of my final outfit.